We have many kinds of behavioral health care. We will help you find what works best for you. We have services for individuals and for families. Here are some of the services you can get:

Outpatient Treatment:
This can include:

  • Individual counseling
  • Family counseling
  • Group counseling
  • Case management services
  • Medication management with a psychiatrist or nurse

You meet with the provider and decide what you need. You will get care as long as it is needed to treat your behavioral health needs.

Day Treatment:
Day treatment services are for children who have specific mental health and educational needs. Your child's school may ask for these services. They might be a part of your child's Individual Education Plan (IEP).

Day treatment services can include:

  • Individual counseling
  • Family counseling
  • Group counseling
  • Educational support services

If your child has an IEP and needs help to stay in school, call us. Ask to talk with a service coordinator.

Psychosocial Rehabilitation:
Your provider can request these services from us. They help you to live on your own. You can learn or get help with:

  • Job or home skills
  • Money (budget) skills
  • Taking care of your family

Case Management:
A case manager can help you:

  • Get the right care from doctors, providers, schools and other programs
  • Help you find resources (such as food, clothing, and housing)

Medication Management:

  • Doctors and nurses help get the right medicine for you
  • They help you understand your medicine
  • They also tell you about possible side effects

Emergency Services:
This is for when you need help right away. This may mean going to the hospital.

If you have a behavioral health emergency or crisis, go directly to the nearest emergency room or call 911. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Inpatient Services:
This means 24-hour behavioral health services provided for you in a hospital for the care of a behavioral illness. There is a limit of 45 days per year (July 1 – June 30), except when medically necessary for children under age 21.

Residential Services:
These are services for supervised housing. It is housing for people learning to live with a behavioral illness. This includes:

  • Help with basic daily activities
  • Learning skills for living on your own
  • Getting behavioral health care

Home-Based Services for Children and Adolescents:
This is behavioral health care that you get in your home. The goal is to help your family stay together.

An evaluation (also called an assessment) is a way to find out your or your family member's behavioral health needs. This tells you about the best kind of care for you.

Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services:
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you can get counseling. We have:

  • Counselors who know sign language
  • Interpreter services
  • Therapists who can give care to hearing parents of deaf children

Vocational Services:
These are services that help you work. They include:

  • Resume writing
  • Interview skills
  • Work skills training
  • Career development

Senior Services:
These are behavioral health services for older adults. You can be living at home, in a skilled nursing home, or in an assisted living facility. A team works with you and your family to develop a care plan. This plan is made especially for seniors.

Peer Support:

    ABC Northeast
  • Coming Soon!

Child Mental Health Treatment Act

The Child Mental Health Treatment Act became part of Colorado law in 1999. The Act gives children with Medicaid access to some mental health services in the community. This includes residential services. It also includes transitional treatment services. The Act also has special appeal steps, if needed. As a member of Access Behavioral Care (ABC), your child may qualify for these services. First, your child must have a mental illness. Second, your child must be younger than 18. Third, your child must be at risk to be placed out of the home. Call ABC to find out more about these services or to apply. In Denver, call 303-751-9030 or 800-984-9133. In northeast Colorado, call 970-221-8508 or 844-880-8508.

Find A Provider


Application Assistance

Need help applying for medical assistance?

Application Assistance


In The Community

Our Members Matter


Our Members Matter

Go to top